On 3 December 2020 – Dr. Pattanasak Mongkolwat, Dean of the Faculty of Information and Communication Technology, Mahidol University (ICT Mahidol), together with Professor Dr. Peter Fereed Haddawy, Deputy Dean for Research Development, as representatives of the President of Mahidol University, joined as witnesses on the MoU Signing Ceremony to advance Thailand’s National AI Program between Thailand Universities and NVIDIA at the meeting room 4th floor, MHESI building, Bangkok. The purposes of this MoU are to accelerate scientific breakthroughs in artificial intelligence (AI), advance national priorities, and drive economic growth. The ceremony began with video presentations from Thai universities as following topics:
- Al University Consortium: Al for Healthcare
- Prince of Songkla University (PSU): AI and 5G Platform Implementation
- King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL): CiRA CORE applications in healthcare
- CMKL University (CMKL): Open Infrastructure & Data Exchange for AI research
- Mahidol University (MU): MAI: Mahidol A.I. Institute
- Khon Kaen University (KKU): AI for Healthcare
After that, Asst. Prof. Dr. Akkarit Sangpetch, CMKL Program Director, gave a brief remark of this ceremony to all participants. In addition, special talks on the “Importance of AI Studies” by representatives of each university, as well as the “All Nations Need to Become AI Nations” by Mr. Keith Strier, Vice President, Worldwide AI Initiatives, NVIDIA, were conducted sequentially. Lastly, both parties signed the MoU via online, and took group photos together.