A: There are 7 rounds for admission to the Faculty of ICT;
Round 1 ICT – Direct Admission with Portfolio
Round 2 MU – Portfolio (TCAS 1)
Round 3 MU – Quota (TCAS 2)
Round 4 ICT – Direct Exam
Round 5 Admissions (TCAS 3)
Round 6 Direct Admission (TCAS 4)
Round 7 International Direct Admissions
A: Faculty of ICT applies through the system “Thai University Center Admission System” or “TCAS” like other faculties or institutions. Applicants must apply through the new admissions system of Mahidol University.
(More information Click: https://tcas.mahidol.ac.th/ )
And ICT added three admission rounds:
- Round : ICT – Direct Admission with Portfolio
- Round : ICT – Direct Exam
Candidates must apply through the admissions system of the Faculty of ICT.
(Apply Click: https://academic.ict.mahidol.ac.th/admission/online/)
A: Round 1 ICT – Direct Admission with Portfolio:
Candidates must apply through the admissions system of the faculty of ICT. No need to apply through the university’s admissions system.
- More information Click
- Apply Click: https://academic.ict.mahidol.ac.th/admission/online/
Round 2 MU – Portfolio:
Applicants must apply through the new admissions system of Mahidol University (Thai University Center Admission System or TCAS)
A: Apply at: Mahidol University Website (https://tcas.mahidol.ac.th/)
Open for applications: 1 March 2020 (Schedule may be subject to change)
Program of Study: Sci-Maths, Arts-Maths
- Graduated from or currently studying in Mathayom 6 (Grade 12) or its equivalent in Thai system school.
- Have a GPAX in the high school level, not less than 2.50.
- Have an average grade of Science, Mathematics, and English of no less than 2.50 for each subject.
Examination: English interview
- Have a good academic record as well as be interested in Computers, or
- Be talented in Computers, or outstanding in academics by participating in national or international competitions and/or receiving national or international awards, or
- Participated in the Computer Olympic POSN Science Camp 1 or above
- An essay written in Thai or English, no more than 1 A4 page on ‘Why would you like to study further in IT and Computers and how will you apply the knowledge gained in the future?’
- 9 Common Subjects, using 5 subjects consists of Math1, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
A: 1.Students (grade 12) Science-Maths/ Arts- Maths with GPA ≥ 2.50
2.Apply online (duration: 1 February – 5 March 2021) at https://academic.ict.mahidol.ac.th/admission/online/
3.Pay the fee 600 baht
4.Submit the required documents by yourself thought online system.
5.Take the Written Examination
6.Take the Interview Examination
*More information, please contact Public Relations Tel. 0-2441-0909 Ext. 111, 112
A: Either Thai or English but only one language should be used throughout the application form.
A: Please contact Public Relations Tel. 0-2441-0909
A: Thai student should wear high school uniform. The student should face the camera directly. The background of the picture should be solid light blue, blue or grey. The picture should not be more than 6 months old.
A: ICT Direct Examination consists of 4 subjects which are Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English. The Mathematics exam is fill-in question type of exam and requires fully executed demonstration of the solution for each question. All exams covered knowledge that students have learnt in Matthayom 3, 4, 5 and 6 (grade 9 to 12) and the difficulty of the exam is in the same level as GAT and PAT exam offered in the National Central Admission.
A: The ICT Direct Examination tests are offered in Thai for Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. However, the English version of the exam can be requested. The English examination is only offered in English.
A: Apply at: student.mytcas.com
Duration: 7-15 May 2021
Program of Study: Sci-Maths, Arts-Maths
- Graduated from high school (grade 12), or its equivalent certified by the Ministry of Education.
- Have a GPAX in the high school level, not less than 2.00.
- Have test scores from the National Institute of Educational Testing Service consisting of GPAX, O-NET, GAT, PAT1 (Mathematics), PAT2 (Science) to be calculated at the following percentages;
|Test / Subject||Percentage|
|4.1 PAT1 (Mathematics)|
4.2 PAT2 (Science)
Examination: English interview
- A copy of National ID Card and House Registration.
- A copy of High School Transcript at least 5 semesters
- A copy of Student Certificate (ปพ.7)
- 1 inch photo (taken within the last 6 months)
**All documents must be certified by the applicant’s signature**
A: 1. 4-Year Full Scholarship
1.1 Dean’s Scholarship
1.2 Merit Scholarship
2. One-Year Partial Scholarship
A: Approximately 250 students are admitted per year.
But this number can change. It depends on the number of students passing the standard.
A: Students have to Study in Sci-Maths or Arts-Maths.
A: The Faculty of ICT provides teaching and learning at the Faculty of ICT, Salaya Campus for 4 years.
A: In every round, candidate names who have been selected and registered to faculty of ICT, will be sent to the Clearing House system for disqualification.
A: As our program is an international program, we are using the English language on all subjects.
A: The Faculty of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Mahidol University will admit new students to the Bachelor of Science Program in Information and Communication Technology (International Program), a 4-academic year program, for study starting in Academic Year 2021 as follows:
International Direct Admissions Schedule for Academic Year 2021
|1||Application period||15 Sep 2020 – 15 Jun 2021|
|2||Announcement of applicants who are qualified for interviews||To be announced|
|3||Interview (in person/ a video conference)||To be announced|
|4||Announcement of applicants who are selected to study in the program||To be announced|
|5||Registration (registration fee cannot be refunded)||To be announced|
|6||ICT Preparatory Program||Jul 2021|
|7||Semester starts||According toMahidol University Announcement|
Qualifications of the applicant
- Graduated from or currently studying in Mathayom 6 (Grade 12) or its equivalent in Thai system school, or an international school in Thailand, or an oversea institute.
- Must have a CGPA from high school of at least 2.5 or equivalent (e.g., C+).
- Must have an English Proficiency Test score taken within two years before the application date according to the criteria of the Faculty of ICT as follows:
- TOEFL Paper Based Test, not less than 500, or
- TOEFL Computer Based Test, not less than 173, or
- TOEFL Internet Based Test, not less than 60, or
- IELTS, not less than 5.0, or
- TOEIC, not less than 600, or
- New SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing), not less than 400, or
- The Duolingo English Test, not less than 80.
Except for those who are from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and Singapore.
- Must have academic examination score taken within two years before the application date according to the criteria of the Faculty of ICT as follows:
Remark: An applicant, who does not have the scores mentioned in 3 or 4, must take and pass the Entrance Examination made by the Faculty of ICT, Mahidol University.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent of educational qualification certified by the Ministry of Education
- Transcript or documents stating student academic performance
- A photocopy of your citizen identification card and a photocopy of resident registration (for Thai students) or a photocopy of the first page of your valid passport (for foreign students)
- One 1–inch photograph taken not more than six months prior to the application date
- A statement of purpose of not more than 2 A4 pages
- Academic examination scores according to the criteria of the Faculty of ICT, Mahidol University
- An English Proficiency Test score according to the criteria of the Faculty of ICT, Mahidol University
- Achievements and certificates (if any)
How to apply ?
- Download application form here
- Submit the application form with required documents to email: email@example.com or submit all documents at the Faculty of ICT, Salaya campus
- Pay the application fee of 600 Baht and submit the proof of payment to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay on mobile application/internet banking >> SCB account: 016-2-10322-3 (มหาวิทยาลัยมหิดล) or
- Pay at the bank counter >> SCB account: 016-3-00325-6 (มหาวิทยาลัยมหิดล)
Contacts for further information
A: Students are recommended to review and compare courses offered by the Bachelor of Science in ICT program and Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering program. While both programs offer ICT knowledge in both hardware and software, the Bachelor of Science in ICT program focuses more on software and the Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering program focuses more on hardware. If students would like to pursue a career in software development, the Faculty of ICT offers more comprehensive knowledge and training to prepare the students for their career in software-based ICT while learning about business and management.
- Programmer, Software Developer
- IT specialist
- Systems Analyst, Systems Designer, System Engineer
- Web Designer, Web Developer
- Database Administrator, Database Developer
- Network Administrator, System Administrator
- IT Security Analyst
- IT Manager, Electronic Business Manager
- Quality Assurance Analyst, Quality Assurance Tester
A: The tuition fee is approximately 77,000 baht per semester for Thai students and about 140,000 baht per semester for foreign students. The amount does not include food, accommodation expenses, textbooks and daily living expenses.
A: Living Expenses at Salaya Campus
|List||Cost per Month (baht)|
|Rent (one-bedroom, fully furnished, air-conditioned)||5,000|
|Utilities (telephone, electricity, cable, internet, etc…)||1,000|
|Meals for Mon.-Fri. (300 baht per day)||1,500|
|Books, Photocopying costs, Stationery||1,000|
|Miscellaneous (movies, groceries, etc…)||1,000|
Note: living expense can vary depending on lifestyle.
A: Mahidol University provides on-campus dormitories for students on the first-come first-serve basis. The priorities are given to the first year students.